Thursday, January 15, 2004

My mother truly is stalking me. She found a Brooklyn Web Cam so she could watch our crazy snow last night. But it's cute. I like that she cares.

The snow was mad crazy last night. But it was the really pretty fluffy sparkling snow. I went out and took pictures last night. In my nightshirt, coat and boots. And this morning. In a sweater and sox. Because that's me, trashy and strange. I even took pictures of the three holes now in our street thanks to Keyspan. It does appear they filled and patched the holes in the courtyards of buildings though. So that was nice of 'em.

The snow was not so pretty as I trucked into work today. Took me over an hour. Unpleasant. Today would have been a lovely day to call in sick and have a 'snow day', but I figured people here would kill me. And I have things to do. Things I've been putting off. Because I have been in a funk. Personal things, of course, not work things. Pah on work things. Yeah, y'all wanna hire me now, huh?

I get into funks a lot. Though it's been happening a lot less lately and I'm doing better at handling them. I don't freak out, I just kinda start to avoid anything that isn't necessary. Which just means that I don't return phone calls for a few days and my apartment gets really gross and my email inboxes fill up. But my TiVo gets really clear. And the cats get lots of lovin' and my books to read pile gets smaller. Anyway, I've been funking lately and reading lots of TWoP and finished rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (just as awesome the second time around) and am almost done with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and am close to caught up on the TiVo and am living in filth and starting to get the 'where are you?' notes from friends. So, obviously, today the funk ends. Woo! So, now I have to make calls and answer emails and blah blah blah. So that should be my day today. I'm hoping to even clean my apartment tonight. We'll see. Though I really wish K&S were home so I could attempt a snowball fight instead. Alas.

Speaking of them... I go to Hawai'i and New York enjoys lovely temperatures in the 40s and 50s. They go to Hawai'i and New York gets some of it's worst winter weather yet. Hating them. Insanely jealous. Grrrrr...

No comments: