Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells

Lovey is working on her Christmas Gift lists. And she suggested I work on mine. So I've busted out Christmas04.xls and am having a lovely time at work. That plus the coffee have just brightened my mood considerably. I have so much to do. But I think if I get going early enough, like before December, I can manage things much better and be like my super together Mom rather than the crazy lady making her friends drag boxes to the post office on December 20something in a blizzard. I think there will be more cookies this way too. And I'll be more prepared by the time the annual Pumpkin/Amanda Christmas shopping extravaganza rolls around. December 4th this year, kinda late in the season for us, but we have social lives and work. And I have my goal of spending at least one whole month this year in New York.

So... anyone who reads this and knows how to contact me: feel free to drop me a line and let me know if you want on the card list (and aren't already), the gift list (and have a Christmas Wishlist for me?), or the cookie list (recommendations and the desire to have them sent/brought to you are both welcome). Now is the time. Woo.

I love Christmas. So exciting. Such a loser. Gah.

Not much else going on in my brain right now. Work sucks, insomnia is in full force, the cat box is scaring me and the cold weather is making me sad. And today or tomorrow I'm going to have to swing by Macy's for closed toed comfy winter shoes and a coat that has working pockets and buttons and zippers. I'm so hopeless when it comes to winter. Even after 12 years of it. It's like I truly think if I ignore it then it will go away. And this hasn't happened yet. I don't learn too well it seems. Maybe I just need to move back to Hawai'i. I don't know.

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, Robin laid an egg...

No comments: