Thursday, December 02, 2004

Frustration

So. I made a metric ton of fudge last night. Well, figuratively. I did make a lot though. Seven or eight pounds of fudge is a lot, right? Anyway, I made it and am happy. Because it's December 2nd and my holiday baking (though technically fudge making isn't baking) has begun. And I have my Christmas Cards purchased. And am making progress with my to do list. Woo. Now I just need to write my damn Christmas Letter. Maybe I could just piece something together over the past year of blog entries...

ARGH. I'm just so knotted up and stressed right now and amazingly enough none of it has to do with the holidays. Well, aside from the fact that all the work and other assorted stress is taking away time and energy that should be going into my big holiday fun plans. I really wish I knew how to manage my stress better and not let it get me all knotted up. I guess it's not even stress. It's more frustration. With things I have to do and shouldn't have to do. With incompetence at work and elsewhere. With having to do unpleasant things. When really all I want is to be on a beach in Hawai'i singing Christmas songs with friends and family. And so I just let it build until I kind of hate the world and feel stressed and tired and frustrated and in the mood for nothing. Which makes me even less productive than I normally would be. Bah.

I don't know. I'm a mess. I should just eat some fudge.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I want a christmas card! I want to read your letter! (seth alerted me to your blog, btw, so I've been catching up)

And if you don't know who this is, you should be reading my blog:
http://maggiebex.blogspot.com
where maybe you'll recognize the picture, and where you can find out what's gotten me stressed this holiday season of peace and joy.

Alas, you're already off to Hawai'i (you missed a great party, by the way, and it missed you too), so I've probably missed my chance at a card this year. (pout)

Manda said...

I just now spotted your comments.

And you are already on the Christmas Card list. If you don't get one soon, let me know!