Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I ordered about three thousand pounds of food from Fresh Direct which arrived last night. About a thousand pounds of that just went to kitty litter, but even so, two thousand pounds of food is quite a lot of food, and it barely fit into my kitchen. My fridge is crying to me. Crying. My poor adorable fridge (it really is a cute appliance with the sassy blue accents). I was wondering how I would eat it all, but then I remembered my folks will be here this weekend and we can get rid of at least the fresher stuff. And I got lots of the little snacky things Dad loves like hummus and potato salad and cheeses. Woo. And cokes for my Mom. Yeah, I'm a wild woman. Y'all are so jealous of my rock star life. Even Rock Star N** (actually, let's start going with the nickname thing here and dub her Rock Star Fran, oh yeah. Fran, if you don't like it, give me a holla') is jealous of my rock star life.

Speaking of the exciting things in my life, you are going to be soooo jealous when you hear about my Thursday plans. I'm going to a grade school talent show. Yes, I am the coolest woman y'all know. My little reading buddy (let's call her Beyonce*) and seven of her buddies will be doing a dance in this talent show and I'm going to support her because she's awesome. And apparently they all dance better than the actual Beyonce. And there will be special outfits. How can you say no to that? You just can't. It's impossible. And so I will go and watch lots of grade schoolers sing and dance and such because I adore my Beyonce. I think the dance is going to be to Baby Boy, but I'm not sure as I don't watch the MTV like I used to. Like when I was in grade school. Hee. MTV is sooooo 6th grade!

Beyonce (the reading buddy) is awesome. We do math together. What is better than doing math with a 9 year old girl once a week? Nothing. I'm sure things are different (better?) than when I was in grade school math class, but I'm so all over encouraging math and science interest in girls in school. It still seems like such a boy dominated and encouraged field. So we read some and do math some. She's pretty bright. She hates division still (oh how I remember those days) but loves subtraction and multiplication. We've been reading E's father's book (let's call E Charlotte, shall we?) and he mentions age a lot so that sets off more math. How much older than Suzanne or Miss Blanche is Mr. Boots? If I lived as long as Mr. Boots's father, how much longer do I have to live? Yesterday we figured out how old I was when Beyonce was born and when her brother was born and how old her mother was when I was born. Then we had to have a lecture about 39 not being old and only 80 being old and how her mother has about 51 years before she's old... There isn't so much math when we read the Mary-Kate and Ashley mysteries (books a friend gave me for reasons to embarrassing to discuss), but we DO count the number of times Mary-Kate says "whoa" in the one with the snowmonster. So that is something. Mary-Kate really needs to stop it with the whoas, let me tell you.

*I know Beyonce has an accent on her last e, but this blog won't let me do it. I tried.

No comments: