Thursday, June 17, 2004

Birthday Week - Day Four

Day Four did not start off well. I got to bed late the night before and then was awakened at 5:30 by evil. And no, I don't mean Steph and his need for dawn.

There are two evil neighborhood cats. I don't know if they're strays or not. There's a third neighborhood cat who is not evil. The evil cats fight a lot, make horrible noises and come to my windows sometimes to whip my little kitties into a frenzy. Monday morning they were at the back window making horrible noises themselves and upsetting my girls and then they started trying to bust through the screen! Trying to get to my girls. I suspect my cats would've won that fight, but I still don't want cat blood and fur all over my home even if it belongs to another cat. So I had to get up and put a stop to all that nonsense. I never really got back to sleep. So the Birthday Week Day of Rest didn't start off so well.

Work wasn't exciting. No one was bowing and worshiping and telling me to go home early for the sake of Birthday Week. Which I found odd. I did manage to get out early enough to run and buy a cheap comforter for the bed. I really couldn't have that ratty old blanket on there with guests coming and all.

Then home to open a couple of the gifts Mom sent me. She wanted to be online when I opened them and I figured I could do a couple of them early. Mom's a total present opener. We joked that if it had been her she would've had everything opened at the UPS store on Sunday upon picking up the box. Me, not so much. I like to savor the gift unwrapping moment. She got me some pretty purple slippers from Hong Kong and a beautiful lacquer barrette with mother of pearl inlay from China. It's so pretty I'm almost afraid to wear it. Maybe on Friday. Though I don't want the drunk people to hurt it. Hmmmm...

Anyway. After that I tried doing a few things around the apartment but mostly decided to embrace the day of rest and then rested.

No comments: