Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Birthday Week - Day Six

I think next time I have such an extensive Birthday Week I'm just taking the whole week off from work or something. I did have a lovely lunch at Amy's Bread with Rock Star Stan. And then we went to Staples and I bought pens! Because it's Staples and I have to buy something. I'm an office supply whore, you know. I did have a brief panic attack during the day though. Muffy and I put some warm beers in the freezer the previous night to cool them quickly so we could have more of them. Because. We wanted more. And I left them there. I had visions of a lovely glass bottle explosion in my freezer and it made me a little sad. It's a cute little fridge/freezer. White with blue accent colors. Darling thing. I'd hate to abuse it so. With a glass bottle explosion.

Um, yeah. Anyway.

After work Muppet and I headed over to Southside to meet Muffy and Steph for wine, special garlic bread and penne ala vodka. Ah how I love meals at Birthday Week. And oh how I love penne ala vodka. Yummy. I think I babbled on a bit too much during dinner though. I remember me talking lots and everyone else just smile and nodding and thinking, "must humor crazed birthday girl, must humor crazed birthday girl..." Sometimes I think I talk to much. And I probably tell the same stories a thousand times to the same people. I just happen to find me fascinating and don't realize that not everyone finds me quite so fascinating all the time. Ah well. It was my birthday and I had a great time at dinner.

Muppet had an early conference call the next day and took off after dinner. Muffy, Steph and I headed to the theater and caught Saved!. It was pretty awesome. I love when Mandy Moore sensibly plays evil people. And the movie was hysterical. And any hesitations I had over Macaulay Culkin were apparently unfounded. He was pretty funny. And I think I found him almost attractive. I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about that yet. I also had lots of flashbacks to some childhood traumas. Like the time I was saved at some Southern Baptist revival I went to with a little neighborhood girl and her family in North Carolina. Mostly it was playing games and listening to sermons and winning prizes but somehow on the final night I ended up on my knees praying and crying and being saved. Thank goodness that passed by the time I got home. Or at the retreats we had to go to once a year when I went to Jesuit school in Louisiana. I remember one year we had a lot of musical games at the retreat and they played Wilson Phillips "Hold On" for eternity. Ugh. I did not expect Saved! to actually remind me of my life. How wrong. Regardless, the movie was great and we all had fun.

Then we hung out on the subway platform for about seventeen hours, making horrible fun of each other while waiting for the dammed F train to arrive. Piece of crap line.

Anyway, arrived home to find my beer and my fridge in good condition. Yay!

Not very exciting but it is early in the week. I figured the middle Birthday Week events should be quiet ones. So that things like Karaoke and the BBQ can get the energy they deserve.

No comments: