Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Birthday Week - Day Ten (6-20)

I was up much earlier than anyone should have to be the day after they turn 30, but it was all really my own fault. Seeing as I had scheduled brunch and all. Originally I thought that there would be houseguests and people crashing after the party. One party left me with five folks there the next morning, and I ended up making them all pancakes that day. I figured it was birthday week so I’d just schedule a brunch into that day after and not have to make pancakes for anyone. Of course it turns out that this was the first party ever that I didn’t have anyone in my apartment the next morning.

Oh god. I hope this isn’t a bad sign for my thirties - a future without overnight guests!?!?!? Not good. Um… I’m a little worried now…

Yeah. I’m not going to think about that. Anyway. A few folks were actually popping by for brunch despite not staying the night so I had to be up and dressed and ready to go. Traveler was even coming in from Connecticut just for brunch. Because he is the sweetest ever.

I was actually up and dressed and tidying a bit when the Traveler arrived. Then Muffy and Steph. There was some miscommunication with Vader, so we ended up hanging out in the backyard for a while, the four of us just chatting and enjoying the really, really pretty day. Finally we all headed over to Lobo for brunch. Eggs and guacamole and spicy Bloody Mary’s and excellent conversation make for a sterling morning after brunch. I was really happy we did it despite my lack of morning after guests.

Then Muffy and Steph drove their grill home and the Traveler headed off. Vader and I hung out in my backyard chatting for ever and it was really pleasant. The weather was gorgeous and it was just fun, lazy friends who’ve known each other forever (21 damn years. Wow. Our friendship can go out drinking now sitting out back dishing. Perfect way to wrap up Birthday Week I think.

Eventually I let the poor woman go home so I could watch some TiVo (yay TiVo) and get to bed.

I can’t wait to do this all again next year. Yay!

No comments: