Monday, July 19, 2004

I'm HOME!!!!

I was so excited in the car going home last night.  I just kept looking at Jersey and then New York grinning and all happy to be home, back in New York, back in Brooklyn.  It felt kinda peaceful to be back here, despite the nonsense people spout about how crazy and intense New York is.  I felt kinda calm being back home. 
 
I have had a wonderful time traveling all over and seeing my high school friends and all of that.  It's all been big fun.  My sheer joy at being back at New York is not a reflection on the time spent away.  Just so you know.  But I am so happy to be back right now. 
 
Tonight I plan to unpack and then hide my suitcase in the basement.  I've become irrationally angry with it and kinda want to cry whenever I have to pack it or lift it.  I feel my suitcase and I need a little space, some time apart from each other.  And since I pay the rent, the suitcase can go in the basement and I'll be staying in the apartment.  I'm also going to clean the catbox and change my sheets.  And when it stops raining I'm going to mow the lawn and put the hammock back in its spot.  And make my apartment all pretty and habitable so I can run around in it and love it enough to be able to handle my next trip in September.  Yay.  Woo Woo.
 
Unless Muffy & Steph and I actually follow through on the rumblings we've had about going camping.  But maybe I won't have to pack a suitcase if we do that in August.  Maybe just a bag.  Hmmmm...
 
Also, I need to catch up on photos and my blogs.  Ugh.  I brought my laptop with me this weekend to work on the travel entries and just didn't have a moment to myself the whole time.  So, gotta do that this week whenever I have a moment.  Soon I hope.  At least Birthday Week is done.  Well, the blogs, not the photo situation.
 
I am not thrilled to be back in the office, though.  Just so you know.

No comments: