Thursday, August 26, 2004

HELP

I was scrolling through Amazon.com's recommendations for me and came across something that I initially read as "Mathematic Princess Dress Up" and my first thought was BEST GAME EVER! Princesses. Math. Dressing up. Game. How is that not the coolest game/toy ever? Alas, it does not seem to exist. It was "Magnetic Princess Dress Up". Not even remotely cool. Really. But I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me.

Oh, wait. Mary Kate & Ashley New York Minute Doll Twin Pack! Okay, that's almost as cool as mathematic princess dress up. Oh. Oh. Oh!!!! EVEN BETTER!!!! Dear Lord, help me! I'm a total freak.

The big man in our group just popped by my desk to say he'd heard about my family and to say some nice words. Which was rather decent of him. Lovey and Sheena (more on her in a moment) excluded, my group is not the nicest, friendliest, most tactful group in the world. Economists seem to be a bit on the socially stunted side. So, every little bit helps.

Of course the big props goes to friends and family who are amazing and sweet and all that. I really do have the nicest friends and family members I think. Well, aside from the crazy ones. And even some of the crazy ones are really nice, just crazy.

So, Sheena feels she has not been properly mentioned in the blog. Which of course makes me regret bitching about "barksdale AFB hookers" at the office yesterday, leading her to learn of the blog. But what can you do. Sheena is off at the gym now, getting all buff and beautiful and badass for her trip to Miami next month. She's also discovered a new love for the Olympic Men's Beach Volleyball team. She hasn't specified which country, but I'm betting USA. I don't know though. I don't watch the Olympics. Never have. It either depresses me to watch people screw up or bores me. I did an awesome paper on the politics of it in European History in High School though. Wonder if I still have that somewhere. Anyway, that's my little bit about Sheena for the day. More on her in the next blog entry.

Tonight I'm seeing Charlotte for the second time in the same week. Which is good for us. I hadn't seen her since my birthday, unfortunately. We had dinner at this great place down in the Village, 'ino, on Thursday and it was so much fun. I kinda want to go back there. But tonight we're going to Art Bar to hang with Pimp Daddy, catch up and discuss the joys of being on the ALS Board of Trustees. You know you're jealous.

No comments: