Friday, January 07, 2005

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (maybe?)

Turnip reminded me around my 30th birthday that I used to say I'd sleep when I'm 30. I'm not much of a sleeper and I always seem busier than I want to seem. But it appears that I was mistaken in that as I'm 30 and not sleeping a ton. December was crazy with the holidays and year-end stuff at work and travel and family time and catching up with friends and all that. And I thought I'd get through that (and enjoy it for the most part) and then have some down time to work on my ginormous to do list and all. Ha! I always forget what the next thing is. And so I get through a busy period and then all of a sudden I have to start another busy period. January is already exhausting me beyond reason. I don't even know why I think I have time to blog right now. BAH! I bet I don't have time to blog well right now.

Work is insane. We have our annual conference starting on the 19th. And Lovey and I have three million things to do with that. It's also a week earlier than usual so we're crunched now more than usual. And the 17th is a holiday so we only have one week day that week BEFORE the conference starts and I don't even want to think of the hours I'll be working next week. Though the overtime pay will be my Vegas money and that's awesome. Woo! Vegas!

I also have houseguests like mad for a week or so. Turnip and two of her dancers are with me for a few days starting last night. And poor Turnip is mad sick. So she's coughing and hacking and sniffling all over my apartment and I feel so bad for her. And my folks are coming for two days on Sunday which will be a blast, but more houseguest time and less sleep. I'm psyched they'll be around for their anniversary so we can have good cheesy fun on Monday. But, exhausting.

And then, there's the insomnia.

I bet I won't even be allowed to sleep when I'm dead. I'll be down in hell with Mom and all those other people we're supposed to save spots for and they won't let me sleep. Yelling at me and poking me with a stick and making me stay awake. Mean, mean people in hell.

No comments: