Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Why would you want my Number? (don't read, Daddy)

So, a total stranger saw me walking to the train this morning, turned around, chased me down and introduced himself. Then asked me for my number.*

I honestly had no idea what to do. I HATE giving out my number. I'm actually more willing to go home with someone than give them my number (sorry, Mom). I've done it before (given out my number, and, um, well, I've also gone home with someone I didn't give my number to (sorry again, Mom)), but it feels weird. Giving out my phone number. Going home with someone feels awesome (sorry again, Mom). Usually I only do it because I'm drunk, in a panic or so totally amused by the situation that I cannot help myself. Like the time the guy driving the 1 train asked me for my number. He was so cute and I was so amused I couldn't help myself. And, um, that ended up working out real well for me for a few weeks. Heh. But, back to my little dilemma.

Is it okay to give out my number to someone one the street that I don't know at all? We didn't get to chat in a bar for a little bit or meet through friends or even chat on a train for a while. Nothing. He looked kinda cute and told me his name, but that was it. And really, why would he ask for my number? What makes you ask someone for their number. I don't think I've actually ever asked for someone's number so I have no clue. And it's not like I look devastatingly beautiful today. It's not even one of my "pretty days". I must look easy. God, that's totally it. I put a little mascara on and have my ass swinging iPod listening walk going and I look like a total ho. I don't wanna look like a ho. Dammit.

I should've given him my number, huh? It's not like I've never ignored a boy who called me before. I'm so odd. I cannot date. I'm completely incapable.

*This is not the first time this has happened on my morning commute. Why must people ask for my number before I have had coffee? It seems unwise.

No comments: