Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I'm not feeling well...

So, last night I had annoying cramps. Not the kind that make you want to cry, but ones that'll certainly keep you from sleeping. So I got the Aleve and the heating pad and then, like the dumbass I am, I fell asleep with the heating pad. It was on high too. Dumbass. Luckily I did not catch on fire but I suspect that I have cooked my uterus and now will not be having children. Which will save a lot on birth control (not that I would need it, Daddy) but will depress me beyond reason. Because once I'm willing to become a grown up I really would like a kid of my own. I think I'd be an excellent Mum. Though now, with a cooked uterus, who knows. I woke up early this morning and turned it off and went back to sleep, but still it was a few hours of heat. I have red blotches on my lower abdomen. Such a dumbass.

I was also a little lazy this weekend. My cold from Lovey left me feeling slightly achy and just a touch off kilter Saturday and Sunday so I took that as an excuse to clear TiVo and read tons of TWoP and nap. It was kind of awesome but now I'm behind on photos I wanted to upload and birthday week plans and all that. So I gotta get cracking. Make my Birthday Week To Do list and all that. Charlotte was actually a sweetheart and emailed me to RSVP to each and every event she plans on attending. Adore her.

Muffy actually put all the events on the dry erase calendar she and Steph have on their fridge so that was nice as well. Yay!

Yesterday was a little productive. I went to Lowes for the first time. Impressive store. Sorta. And a little scary. I fell in love with a tacky swing I want for my back porch. It's only $70. But the delivery fee is $78. Which sucks. But Muffy said she and Steph might take me to get it sometime which would be awesome. But we'll see. They also had a Chaise I liked too. But Vader and I did get a few things for our respective bathrooms as well as a flamingo windchime for me to go with my lawn flamingo. And I got three azalea bushes to try in the backyard. I'm going to plant them this week. If they survive and seem to do well and look pretty then I'm going to buy more. Azaleas remind me of my Nana and of living in the South and I love them. But I think I'd mostly like to have the rest of the yard be grass I think. Well, at least a section of it large enough for a hammock. We'll see. Did you know Lowe's doesn't have hammocks? Anyone know of a good place online or in New York were I can get an all weather hammock and stand? By the 11th or at the latest the 19th?

Vader wouldn't let me get the fat stone frog for the lawn. Which is probably for the best. We'll see how the flamingo works out and if I then still want the frog - I'm getting it. We did decide I'm not ready to become the kind of person with a bird feeder or outdoor thermometer in my backyard though. Not yet anyway.

Then off to Muffy & Steph's for more educating Muff in cinema. We watched Logan's Run and Dr. No and realized that apparently the White Man rules. Seventies Sci-Fi is so sexist. As is Bond, of course. But I love Logan's Run and the bikini in Dr. No so... Good times. Real Genius will be next. We just ran out of time last night.

Then off to bed for cramps and A Wrinkle in Time. I wasn't at an age for cramps the first few times I read A Wrinkle in Time. Strange.

I'm such a girl. Sorry. Y'all probably don't want to know so much about my girly parts huh?

No comments: