Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Guinness, Peanuts & Chocolate

So, last night the folks and I went out to Otto for dinner. Mom hadn't been in a few years and really wanted to go. They no longer do the calzones she had when we were there back in '04, but we still managed to have a good time. I haven't been in ages either, not since Muffy decided we'd gone too often and needed a break. Not that it's Muffy's fault I haven't been, it just sort of fell off my radar after that. Maybe I should blame Muffy anyway.

But, it was lovely. Lots of wine and cheese and bread. And that honey with truffle I love so very much. I think our waiter was not pleased with us for dipping our bread in before the cheese plate came ("did he explain the cheese condiments to you?"), but whatever. That stuff is SO good. I really love dipping the pecorino in it.

And then, to top it all off, how could I resist a dessert called "Guinness, Peanuts & Chocolate"? I could not. Because that's just some tasty deliciousness right there. Even without knowing what's in it. Though next time I might just get the Guinness gelato plain. Just to see how it tastes without all that other tasty stuff mixed in.

Of course, after Otto this visit and Babbo the last visit, my Dad is making rumblings about wanting orange crocs. Anyone who knows my dad PLEASE email him and tell him what a bad idea crocs are (unless they're Disney Crocs). Thanks!

No comments: