Friday, November 30, 2007

'Tis the Season

Ah the Holiday Drinking Season is upon us. Such a lovely time of year.

I'm kicking it off with two birthday parties this weekend. One tonight for MC and one tomorrow night for Sheena. Both women are much younger than I am and yet pissing and moaning about becoming old. I'll have to drink heavily to survive.

Then next week are the office holiday parties. Thursday will be a circus event. I was told there would be cocktails. Which I will be needing many of, since I will be at a Circus with coworkers. Luckily, I like my coworkers. Which will be helpful for Friday night when we have our own Holiday Party involving dinner & drinks followed with wild post-dinner boozing. We're a lush kind of company it seems.

Side note: my coworkers were appalled when they learned I was a vegetarian, but accepted it. I suspect I might not have been long for this world had I told them I didn't drink. After learning I was a vegetarian, one of my bosses looked at me in horror and said, "Do you not drink either?!?!?" He was so happy when I laughed at him.

Anyway, after staying out until the wee hours with my bosses & co, I am pondering getting on a bus to Boston sometime Saturday morning so I can hit Muffy & Steph's Holiday party. At which I assume booze will be served. If I do make this party and you see me on a bus from Boston to New York Sunday afternoon, do NOT sit by me. It won't be pretty for you if you do. I'll either get ill and not make it to the bathroom, will grumble and fuss and whine at you the whole way down or I'll fall asleep and drool on you excessively. And I am sure I will REEK of alcohol.

Lord only knows what the following week will hold. Maggie will probably be visiting that weekend. And then, Christmas with the family. Which often involves a very drunk Daddy & Mandy and an eye-rolling Mommy. Good times.

Happy Holidays, y'all!!!!

No comments: