Monday, April 12, 2004

LIES!

Finally, the lies can end. Steph's birthday week is at a close, well, almost at a close. My part in it is done. And now there is no more lying about his various events. I've had to stop myself in here a million times so I wouldn't mention the bar party on the 3rd or xBox shopping or heading to Boston this past weekend for the big party... Muffy has outdone herself on the big 30th Birthday Week for Steph and I am sorta getting scared about the fact that she'll be 30 in 2005 and the madness will begin again.

But yeah. I no longer have to talk about getting a haircut for Easter Weekend (godless wench that I am how was that even believable) as opposed to the party or worry that I might slip and talk about being in Boston on a weekend when I've claimed I'll be sitting at home with my TiVo. Thursday morning (after telling Steph I'd be doing the TiVo weekend) I freaked out at the idea of running into him on the subway platform with all my luggage and the GIANT birthday card. I even called Muffy to see when he was leaving. Then I had to wait long enough to not run into him, making myself late to work. And even then I worked up a story in my head about why I would suddenly need to rush out of town with a big birthday card, just in case there was a train problem and I ran into him anyway.

The weekend was good though. I got to town on Thursday and we were all just pooped so it was an early to bed sorta night. Friday, Pumpkin woke me up by sicing the dog on me and we started on cleaning and list making and the like. Gane popped by to drop off some excellent photos of Steph that she'd blown up. We put those up in the dining room/Steph Shrine Room and then chatted for an hour or two. It was great to talk with her, but it put us way behind on our tasks. So then lots of shopping and cleaning until Fish got home and we all went to the infamous Chunky's I've been hearing about forever and have yet to see. Saw Hell Boy and had a great time. Though I was the jackass who forgot to turn off her phone (I never forget to turn off my phone, honest!) and it rang midway through. Muffy was freaking out while waiting for Steph to get home and needed to vent. Luckily my voicemail was there for her since I was busy with nachos and Hell Boy. Then home for cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. And sangria making. At one point Pumpkin was mopping and I was scrubbing a toilet and Fish was doing something with paper towels and cleaning products. The 80's music is blaring and Fish comes in to inform me that with the particular 80s song playing we were actually in the cleaning 'montage' part of the movie. It was actually kinda true. And, um, y'all really don't need to be reading all the details do you? No, it's not that important.

Friday and Saturday were all about cleaning and brunch and Chunky's and cooking and shopping and Steph's family bringing photos and slide shows and it was fun. But exhausting. And then the people came. And there was merriment. And then the Steph came, with family and friends. And there was merriment. And there was the band. And there was the cake. And the drinking. And the really drunk Steph. And it was good. And then the cleaning. And the bed. And the brunch. And the train. And the TiVo.

And today will be my day of rest. I'm fleeing work as soon as I can and am going to go home, put on comfy pants, curl up on my couch with tea and a book and a journal and a kitty and just bond with my TiVo and my apartment and my quiet time. And it will be almost as awesome as Steph's birthday week.