Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Still punchy without sleep

Work has been busy and thus has been interfering with my ability to write here. Most upsetting. I think I shall have to speak to my evil boss about this. Heh.

Actually, work has suddenly become just a little bit nicer. Rock Star Fran is back. Yay! She's back as a temp for the next 10 months or so and now I can see her practically every day. Back when she and Buzz both still worked here it was great. I'd see at least one of them for lunch or coffee or something every day. We'd email and chat more. It was awesome. And then Buzz left for Film School and Rock Star Fran got screwed in the layoffs and I was left all alone. After that we'd have to try and squeeze each other into busy schedules and suddenly I was only seeing them about once every 2-3 months. So we went from knowing what was going on daily in each other's lives to having to play catch up whenever we could. I still have to do that with Buzz, but at least now I can have some serious Rock Star Fran time.

Mom is thrilled as well because I think she likes Rock Star Fran more than she likes me. Maybe not. Though I don't know. Mom probably always wanted a Rock Star for a daughter.

I'm getting all psyched for Birthday Week these days. And it's only April. I'm so sad. Or not. It is the big 3-0 and all. It's going to be from June 11 - 20 so y'all mark your calendars. The big house party will be on the 19th and I'm hoping it'll all be a blast. I'm pondering activities now and so far have been thinking of a Skating Party, a Botanical Garden trip, the Big Backyard Party, maybe a night of Bowling, if I time it right maybe one of the Monday night Bryant Park Movies, maybe a Bar Night if I can find one that amuses me... any other suggestions?

Anyway, back to work. I have to get things wrapped up so I can sneak out early and blow off class to get my hair cut and run some errands. Totally have the shaggy thing going now and we cannot have that for Easter Weekend. So sirree bob. Sirree? I don't know. Whatever.

No comments: