Monday, April 05, 2004

Tired Writings of a Crazy Lady

I've been playing with Friendster all morning. I have no idea why. I really don't understand the use of Friendster. I just felt like trolling through some of my friends seeing if I can add more people and get my numbers up. Because, Mom, LIFE IS A COMPETITION!!!!! Mom is on Friendster, y'all. Sign her up on your list today! I think it's Turnip's fault. She made me look at Friendster last week and so I was checking it out again. Everyone has more friends than I do. I'm not popular. Alas.

I'm totally punchy today. Exhausted. Last week was a busy one and then I couldn't sleep last night. Well, I couldn't sleep for any length of time last night. Lots of weird dreams and waking up in the middle of the night and stuff. Weird dreams about television shows and things. But combined. Like Ted from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was helping solve crimes on something like Alias or Law & Order. And then there was another dream with combined TV shows that I can't remember. I even remember laying awake last night thinking that these were so odd and I had to remember them. Ah well. I've often wanted to be one of those people who keeps a dream journal by the bed as I have awesome dreams. But I'm just not one of those people. Somehow I think we will all survive despite this.

The weekend was excellent. Friday night I managed to survive class. It was an easy one as the interschool competition was Saturday. Everyone was taking it easy so they could kick butt the next day. Hopefully they'll take it easy today too because they'll be so tired or something. I'm too tired to not take it easy in class. Hopefully I won't cry. Um... anyway. After class I went to Grace to drink and be merry and take photos. Like the dumbass I am, I AGAIN skipped the rehydrating after class portion of the evening and went straight to the alcohol. This is the third time I've done this and this is the third time I've woken up the next morning with a raging headache. Total dumbass. All I need to do is have a couple of glasses of water first. Let's see if I can avoid doing this a FOURTH time. But the drinking and all was fun. Muffy got totally smashed. She is the cutest drunk in the world next to Buzz's boyfriend, Chuck. Anyway, Muffy was drunk and adorable and Turnip's friends are really nice and friendly and her bartender buddy makes nice drinks and cheese fries rule so it was a lovely evening. And we even stayed out past 1AM so I don't feel as old as I do when hanging out with Muffy & Steph normally. Heh.

Saturday Turnip and I headed up to the Upper West Side for brunch with Meat Boy and his lovely wife. She hadn't seen him in about four years so it was nice to catch up. I'm not really sure why we went all the way up there for brunch. I think it seemed like a good idea at the time. Turnip did want H&H Bagels to take home and popovers at Popover Cafe so I guess that was why. Plus Meat Boy lives right up there. But getting up at 8:45 on Saturday SUCKED. Still, bagels and popovers are awesome. As is Meat Boy. He lives in Manhattan and yet I only see him every few months when a mutual friend comes to town. We gotta work on that. Still, it was the Upper West Side. All the WASPs with the baby carriages and the children and the UWS of it all. It gives me hives. HIVES.

Then the subway system decided to act up which thwarted our attempt to go to Toys in Babeland and then got us stuck on the subway forever. Bad, bad MTA. So we got home in time to sit on the couch and make sad tired noises for 15 minutes before Turnip had to head to Penn Station. And I had to run errands for Steph's surprise b-day party. I had to get napkins and plates and forks and things and pick up my mail and such. Then home to shower and dress and get everything together. I managed to sneak in a 2 second nap which was awesome, but not long enough.

Then Big D came over for dinner and got dragged all around Brooklyn for his troubles. We had to get the cake that Muffy ordered and then we tried to head toward one store that I somehow misplaced in my mind with the fatigue. Then I realized I forgot the card that Muffy made and which was too awesome to ignore so we had to go back and get that. Then we managed to finally grab some dinner before heading to Vegas (the bar not the home of my stripper fake boyfriend) where we waited for the posse to show. It appears Steph was somewhat surprised and he seemed to enjoy himself, I think. There was pool and Erotic Photo Hunt (a wonder that Buzz & Chuck introduced me to) and cake and a drink that goes well with cake and Big D and Taylor and Charlotte & Watts and PimpDaddy and Muffy & Steph... So it was awesome. And one of the bartenders even offered to throw down with me. We had it all planned out so that we would break lots of glasses and then one of the tables we didn't like. He even said he'd claim he started it so that I wouldn't be banned from the bar forever. So that was very nice of him. Then everyone fled and Muffy & Steph & I went for dinner food so we could be awake to watch 2AM become 3AM instantly. So upsetting.

Then yesterday I was a sloth, clearing TiVo and loafing. Because what else could I do?



Y'all don't comment in here nearly enough. Just so you know.

No comments: