Thursday, October 21, 2004

My Poor Babies

I am sad. And thinking nasty, nasty thoughts about the Red Sox.

And I'm trying to figure out what to say. What snappy little comebacks to have ready when the taunting begins.

Well, when the taunting continues. Skipper left me a voicemail midway through the game, around the 7th Inning. Pumpkin (who apparently became a baseball/Red Sox fan tonight) called seconds after the game ended. Then Steph called (with Muffy cackling in the background). He kept giving me some line of how he was trying to offer an olive branch by asking if I wanted to grab a beer. I don't buy his line. The man was calling to taunt. Because Red Sox fans (even brand spankin' new ones PUMPKIN) are just mean, mean people.


But I have no snappy comebacks. I will just let them enjoy their fun. It happens so rarely and is usually so shortlived. And I know the Yankees will come back next season and beat their asses like they normally do. Because Yankees win and Red Sox lose and that's just life.

No comments: