Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Dancing Economists

So, the department Christmas party is tonight. I work at a big bank. In the Equity Research Department. With the Economics Team. So, I work with the geeks of the geeks of the geeks. It does not get much geekier than my coworkers. And we're not talking like geek chic hipster technology kinda geek that's so popular these days. No. We're talking people who have a hard time interacting with other people and who also have a hard time operating their computers so they don't talk to ANYONE well, in person or electronically. And watching them fake social activity is truly an experience. When I first started with this group we'd have happy hours with the Strategists. And I would have to drink heavily to survive it. Because, while math may get me hot, I ain't got nothin' on the dork/geek of these folks. Tonight will be an experience. I will stand in near the bar with my small posse of friends and make fun of everyone until I've had enough to drink. And then, I will dance. Among the scary geek dancers who make Elaine Benes look good. You wish you were me. You wish you had my rock star life.

I'm bummed though. Sheena, Lovey and I figured we'd get all dolled up for tonight just because. No real reason. We just did. Pumpkin and I even shopped for a cute top for me for tonight. And I kinda hoped everything would pull together nicely. I like things to match; nails to clothes to jewelry to bag to hair things to underwear and so on. And I had a plan. And it did not work. The hair is blah, the make up isn't working, my face is breaking out and I think the toenails clash with the top. And I'm not sure the top works with the pans. At least the top looks cute and does match the jewelry. I just don't look very pretty. And I wanted to look pretty. Ah well. I'll have a camera and there will be an open bar an a Rock Star Fran. I'll make it all work.

No comments: