Thursday, December 09, 2004

So tired

Last night was just weird. So many strange people at my company. I had to drink a lot to survive. And it still wasn't enough.

I think the highlight was when my boss and our big group leader decided to sit next to me to eat their dinner. Horrifying. We made awful small talk. And then... Rock Star Fran and I were sharing a few plates of food for dinner. At one point my boss leaned over and started eating our pasta with vodka sauce. And he finished it right up. Fran and I just looked on in awe. Finally they left and I ran for another drink.

It was not a stellar party. The
Trammps played for some reason. And while I do like Disco Inferno there was just too much damn disco played last night. Though Fran and another temp at work, Ace, did make me dance. At one point Ace and I were the ONLY ONES on the dance floor dancing to Copacabana (because the party was AT the Copa). And there was some interesting conversation. But mostly my coworkers scare me. Especially the drunk ones I have to get in a car and get home who then don't come to work the following day due to their hangover... I think going to the party every other year is a good call. Though maybe I won't be here next year.

I did make friends with the other guy in our car and the driver was nice as well. One from Ghana and one from Egypt. Very chatty. I apparently give off a very friendly car vibe. Go figure.

No comments: