Friday, October 29, 2004

Happy Birthday, Muffy!

My Daddy is so cool. "Sorry about your Yankees, now maybe Boston Will go away for another 86 years or so." He understands what a small petty person I am. Mom's the nice one who thinks it's great that the Red Sox finally got to win one. Though she also lost interest in the post-season after the Yankees lost and she is more of a baseball fan. Eh, they're both adorable. Daddy even just bought me a new camera, that's how adorable he is. And how much of a spoiled princess I am.

I am soooo tired. Don't know how I'm going to stay awake through the big birthday fun tonight. I'll just have to drink a lot or something. They're having a post-earnings/Halloween thing here at work at 3:30. There will be beer, so I can start early. Lovey and I will be attending for sure. Good times. You wish you had my rock star life.

Steph's parents were in town this week so last night I met them and Muffy for dinner while Steph was in class like the bad son, but good student, that he is. They're lovely people so I get a kick out of hanging with them. And dinner was nice. A good conversational mix of baseball, families, card playing, politics (vote for Kerry), science and what exactly Rigatoni and Gnocchi are. Plus they brought me a gift from Joan - an awesome butt shot of Nomar that she took this summer. It's a great shot and a good photograph and quite a nice tushy. Even if he was in a Red Sox uniform at the time. You just gotta love people who will take, print, give and transport such a thing for you.

Then it was back to Steph & Muffy Manor for cake! Apparently Steph's Mum (they need names of their own) had a birthday on Monday and Muffy's is today so there were two cakes. I couldn't refuse two cakes. Right? So more chatting and wedding photograph viewing and discussions of genealogy and Vegas. What could be better.

Man, I need more coffee, I think I'm babbling.

No comments: