Monday, November 01, 2004

Furry Dolphins

Happy Birthday Daddy! You're the best Dad ever and you rock.

I'm having a cinnamon raisin bagel while thinking of my grandfather. He often had cinnamon raisin toast in the morning with his milk and grapefruit. And I have that too. Minus the grapefruit. So, sitting here with cinnamon, raisin, bread and butter flavors reminds me of mornings at his kitchen table. And that makes me happy. I like memories of my grandfather.

This morning I was walking to work, walking past Fox's headquarters as I always do, when I saw a handful of people standing out there wearing dolphin costumes. Like full on mascot type costumes. That were furry. Because dolphins are furry? I don't know. They were furry. One even had a hunting jacket and orange head. They were holding signs for flipper cam and one of them had a "How's my Tan?" sign. Which really got me thinking. I mean, dammit, I DO NOT want to elect a man to the highest office in our country if he has a tan. How can you run a country if you have a tan? Obviously, you can't. I'm voting for Bush. Oh, wait. NO I'M NOT. And it's going to take more than a tool in a furry dolphin costume to convince me otherwise. People are not right.

I really need to find a new route. Furry dolphins today, last week there was some nonsense out there for Branson's Quest for the Best, one time they had a giant tub/vat/bowl of chili. Sometimes people in bikinis. And then there are the gawkers. And with the gawkers I have to swear and shove people out of my way just to get down the sidewalk. So when I run for office one day I'm sure Fox will pull out all the footage of me swearing and knocking down old people and children on my way to work. My life, it is hard. So hard. Furry fucking dolphins. Morons. I kind of wish the flip flopping nonsense would end. But I want Kerry to win, obviously, and if he does I suspect the flip flopping chatter will continue. Because people are stupid. But hopefully, enough people aren't stupid or are not too stupid and we'll have a Kerry outcome after Tuesday. Please.

This weekend was good, if a bit too trip down memory laney for my tastes. Friday night was Muffy's big birthday fun. Dinner and drinks in Brooklyn with lots of nice folks. Lovey was supposed to go with me, but she works with a lazy ass and got stuck at the office so late she won't tell me what time she left. But there was Mexican food and bocce ball and lots of beer. Oh and a small amount of beercheese. And the birthday girl had fun. I think. Even though my partner and I did trounce her and Steph at bocce ball. My first time ever playing too. I think I'm a natural. Though I suspect the game would quickly become boring to me if I played it without beer. Much like I only enjoy croquet with a stiff drink or two in hand. The last time I played croquet was at SABW's bridal shower. After the shower. We were drunk and it was raining and dark and I had a good time. I believe at the time I thought I was a natural at that too. I think I might've been wrong. And considering the fact that my partner later dumped me to play with another girl later... maybe I'm not a natural at bocce ball. How depressing.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spent with little chores around the house and lots of time getting photos organized and up online. Going through all my reunion photos took forever with all the Ed's Shirt photos included. But they're up now. Woo. Well, all the ones that don't involve me looking gross. Soon I start on the Birthday Week photos. Over 90 of those. It makes me tired thinking about it. Don't think I'll get all those done tonight as I have to get to bed early tonight. So I can get up early tomorrow morning to go vote. The polls open at 6AM I think. I won't be there at 6AM, but I'll be there eventually. Voting. Because I have to vote. How can I not? You better vote too.

No comments: