Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I don't understand

I was going to jokingly blame the Red Sox. Because I've been blaming them for everything I can lately. But that just seems kinda stupid right now. Really stupid right now. I'm just so drained and feel really beat down. And I don't understand my country. This makes no sense to me. I just cannot comprehend how so many people in this country can actually vote for such a right leaning administration. Such a slanted, twisted administration. How can they think Bush and Cheney are fit to lead us after what's happened these past four years? How can so many people still not get out and vote?

I'm afraid that four years from now I will have lost so many rights and freedoms in the name of my morality and my safety, when I feel I'm perfectly capable of looking after my morality and a good deal of my own safety. I'm afraid I won't be able to travel outside the US because everyone on the planet will hate me just for being an American. I'm afraid and beyond depressed thinking of more people who will die in a war that just isn't right or necessary or helpful to anything. I'm so disgusted that so many people in this country think it's okay to give rights to some people and not to others, based just on who they love. I guess racism isn't fashionable or legal but prejudice based on sexual orientation is an acceptable alternative.

I'm not making sense and I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just scared and sad. And I don't know what I can do. I want to find ways to fight this administration constantly for the next four years. And I don't know where to start. And I don't know why more people don't seem to care. A few of mine friends are devastated. No one else seems affected. I don't know. I am not moving to Canada. I love my country. I will never leave it. But it seems like I'm just not able to fix it or change it or improve it. At least not right this minute. Not today. Not yesterday. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow. Or four years from now. Someday.

No comments: