Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Corporate Threat

Dude. They're putting x-ray machines in our lobby. Well, last time I was down there they'd put one in. By one of our entrances. They weren't using it or anything, but it was there and they were testing it. It's creepy. I don't want to have to run my bag through an x-ray machine every day. They can't really expect that can they? Maybe it's for non-employees only? I don't know. This is all so weird. I hate working for a big financial company right now. It's scaring me a little and I hate that. It kinda makes me want to move to Indiana and see if I can get back my grandpa's store, or move to Hawai'i and work in a surf shop. I don't want an x-ray machine or two or seven in my office building's lobby.

This amuses me though. I like the little elephant icon. So cute. The convention will be interesting if nothing else. I'm debating taking a day off work to protest. I also kinda just want to work from home and avoid it all. I don't know though. Maybe a little of both. I still can't believe they thought having the RNC here in NYC was a good idea.

No comments: