Monday, August 30, 2004

RNC

Grrrrr... My boss just told me he doesn't think it's going to be a big deal and he'll be in more so I have to work from the office tomorrow. I do NOT want to deal with this convention nonsense during the day and am annoyed. Very annoyed. I'm working from home Wednesday & Thursday. No way they're keeping me from doing that. They'll all be out most of Wednesday anyway for the damn outing and Thursday the President is in town and I do NOT want to be in Manhattan for that.

So far I haven't seen huge changes. Just a hell of a lot more cops than usual, and lots of homeland security guys with huge guns wandering around Grand Central and the like. Oh, and the GIANT planters my company is putting up all around the perimeter of our building. Cutting off the space on the corners and creating a little mini wall all around the building. And pushing our coffee cart guys across the street - which REALLY pisses me off. Oh, and we have a stock pile of gas masks and light sticks by the stairs on every floor of the building now. And they have an area of our cafeteria blocked off as a hospitality area for local police. Which is nice, but so odd. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. There's supposed to be a rally in Times Square this afternoon, but who knows. Maybe everyone is resting from yesterday and gearing up for Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be very glad when this is all over and I have my long Labor Day weekend in which to relax.

At least today and Tuesday are supposed to be the hottest days this week so maybe it'll be better to be here with the air conditioning. Yeah, right.

No comments: