Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Chillin' in Paradise

Haven't been to the beach yet so as of right now, I'm not coming home with a sassy tropical tan. But there's still hope. Mostlyl it's just been hanging with Mum. Which is fun for us, but boring to read about. I think.

Sunday Dad headed off to fly and Mom and I were just bums. Really. We watched some TV. Made Tuna Salad Sandwiches. Talked lots. Watched the Mama Dove sitting on her babies. There's a dove nest in the eaves (is that the right word?) of the Lanai and every few weeks a new Mama lays eggs there, hatches 'em, feeds 'em, teaches 'em to fly and then they all abandon the nest. Right now the babies have just hatched so we're watching her try and feed them and occasionally get to see baby bird heads over the top of the nest. Rather cute.

Yesterday I woke up early but kept trying to fall asleep until about 8. I had a really depressing dream. I can't remember what it was, but I remember it feeling "very high school" to me. The petty kind of high school meanness going on in the dream. Which left me a little bummed that whole morning. Plus I actually woke up thinking that it was 2PM at work on Monday and I was over half way through of my first of five days of work vacation. And that depressed me. Thinking I'd be back there in a week. I really need a new job.

Anyway, Mom went to the Dentist and I shopped around Kahala Mall getting a few gifts and things for our facial day. Then we ran out to Costco for a flash card for my camera and random crap.

You know what? This is all so boring. I give up. I'm chillin' with my Mom. I've made her watch New York Minute (which she hated) and Amelie (which she liked, thanks for the loan, Lovey). We ate veggie sausage balls. We've talked a lot. Good times.

Oh dear god. Mom and I are in different rooms, just a few feet from each other, IMing. And I started it. Must log off. Now.

No comments: