Thursday, February 17, 2005

A touch of the OCD

I'm rather disappointed in myself today. While my bra and underwear match each other, they don't exactly match my outfit. And since my top has a plunging neckline I notice the lack of matching every time I look down. It's disconcerting for me. See, when I got dressed I thought I was going to wear the pink, red & black top. So I went with the red bra & underwear. Which works well with that top. But then at the last minute I decided I wasn't really feeling the red, pink & black top and noticed the blue top was clean. So I opted for that. But I always wear the dark blue bra with the snowflakes when I wear the blue top. So that it doesn't distract me when I look down and if the top opens a little (it's a wrap top style) you don't really notice the bra initially. But with a bright red bra, if the top ends up shifting or something it just screams, "HI, I'M AMANDA'S BRA!!! LOOK AT HER BOOBS!!!!" And while I feel that if I have to clothe, clean, care for and lug around these suckers they should certainly be looked at; well, I don't want them really screaming at people at work. You know? Plus, the whole not matching is making me twitchy. The purse is red, black and white too. I'm a mess. I should just go home. I'm not even wearing the right necklace for this top. ARGH.

You know, you'd think from all the fuss I make with this stuff I'd look more put together and pretty. But I don't. It's all for my inner peace and harmony and not my outward appearance it seems.

No comments: