Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shopping

I shopped a good portion of the day away on Friday. I shopped even more on Saturday. Then, on Sunday, I shopped a little more. I took Monday & Tuesday off from shopping and then was at it again last night.

My all-girl puppet band (Lovey, Muppet & Bambi) and I went to one of those cheesy
Shecky's parties. Muppet thought it would be fun and I adore a goodie bag so we all got tickets for last night. Muppet was very excited, but Lovey and I worried when Lovey, Muppet and I arrived around 6 to a long LINE. Just to get in the damn door. And then we saw what we think was a bus from Jersey pull in to dump a ton of women out. Lovey started dreading the crowds and I started wondering how many folks I'd have to physically knock to the ground before they threw me out. It was a dark mood.

And some of the event wasn't so great. The organization was kind of all over the place. And it was PACKED. They also promised dessert fondue and snacks. I NEVER saw dessert fondue and I'm pissed about it. One nice woman who sold Bambi a sexy top claimed it was there earlier, but I'm not sure I believe her. And the snacks? Hmmmm... I had a cookie and about 10 M&Ms. That does not count as good cocktail party snack food. Dammit. And the crowds. Damn. TONS of people and about 75% of them were the stupid type who think stopping in the middle of a walkway is fine. Stopping to look at the vendor tables I understand. Hanging out in the lounge areas is fine. Stopping just mere footsteps away from the lounge areas to gossip while people are trying to pass you? Not so good.

But, it was still fun. Hanging with the girls was good. The goodie bag was excellent and came with a metric buttload of crap like
body wash and bath salts and trashy novels and sampler CDs and tons of tiny free samples and coupons and a map and other such nonsense. Going through it at home, I thought it was the neverending clown car of goodie bags. There were also free drinks. Amstel Light isn't my beer of choice but the pineapple juice & vodka of some sort drinks were lovely. Bambi got a totally hot top that would even be work appropriate under a jacket. Lovey got a ton of stuff and I was peer pressured into an excellent (and very me) ring as well as a couple of watches. And Muppet got something for her niece, as well as something I will not be discussing here. And there was lots of mocking of folks, getting TWO Chanel gift bags after chatting with the rep for a bit (and I think I now have an appointment for a makeover sometime in December), spritzing with cucumber & green tea something or other, using the word cute a million times, the bliss in discovering the cookie tray, and just doing the friends hanging out thing. I don't know if I'd go to every single one of these, but I might be talked into going again some day.

And then today Muppet, Dr. Muffy and I went to the back room with the awesome purses and I got a fabulous brown "prada" bag. I may have to go again. There was a red & black "gucci" that I covet. Hmmmm... Maybe AFTER Christmas. Or maybe I can do some shopping there... Anyone on my Christmas list who adores a fab fake bag?

Sadly, Dr. Muffy is making us celebrate her 30th tomorrow, so I just don't know when I'll find the time to shop.

Speaking of... Dr. Muffy joined me at the office for lunch today. She's got some time between doctoring degrees and figured she'd check out corporate life. I had a fabulous time, but I fear I bored her silly and introduced her to way too many people. I always feel like such a dork taking people on tours. I find they're rarely fascinated by the same inane stuff that intrigues me. So then I just try and show them everything and eventually we end up with, "and this is the freight elevator doors and this is the supply cabinet..." We did learn that Dr. Muffy has a cooler supply cabinet. I have file folders and paper clips. She has ethanol and nitrous. She wins. She did get to meet the mail guy that Lovey & I find to be adorable but we were not able to spot the hot married man that I try hard not to lust after. And she met one of my crazy bosses. The craziest one. As well as tons of other folks. Good times. I love hanging out with people in the office rather than doing work. You should all come visit.

No comments: