Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I just had a lovely Thanksgiving at Charlotte's house with Muffy, Steph, Vader and a friend of Charlotte's. The Erogenous Vulcan even stopped by for a bit.

I love Thanksgiving with my family. I love my folks and we have all sorts of fun traditions. And we always take in an orphan or two who has nowhere else to go for the holiday. So the conversation is often fun and interesting. But since I couldn't be with my family, this was just as good. We all brought different family recipes (stuffing, corn casserole, green bean casserole), Charlotte handled the bird and Steph brought all sorts of good wine. We chatted and laughed and cooked and drank and had a great time for about 12 hours.

And so, I'm very, very Thankful to have all these wonderful friends in my life. People who are almost as much a part of my family as my parents. It's good to have people you love and are comfortable with and can just have an easy happiness with.

No comments: