Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Today is not a pretty day.

Some days I get ready and face the world and feel I look sassy and pretty and all that. For some reason the outfit works and the hair is doing it's shampoo commercial thing and the face isn't all pimply and the jewelry looks cute and the eyes look large and lovely and I hardly notice I'm fat and my shoes are all cute and fabulous and my nails aren't a mess and my pedicure isn't chipped and I'm all happy and gorgeous. Today is not one of those days.

The outfit, which was working for me when I wore it a couple weeks ago, is looking a little frumpy. And I don't think it has anything to do with the two days it spent on my floor. Really. I have two big, ugly red zits on my face, one is VERY red and VERY much on my forehead, almost dead center. It's really hot. Sexy beyond reason. My hair has actually decided to frizz a little. That's how dry it is in NYC. My perfectly straight hair is frizzy. And full of the crazy static. I barely have any jewels to distract from the zits and my lovely tan is fading. Today, is not a pretty day. But that should make it easier for me to go home tonight and put on my sweats and scrub the catbox. I hope.

I really prefer pretty days.

No comments: