Thursday, February 05, 2004

No one will go see Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! with me. So unfair. I'm not sure why I want to see it. It looks bad, I keep reading horrible things about it and yet, I still want to go. I think I just like that whole dumb romantic comedy that makes no sense and would just disturb me if it ever actually happened to me kinda movie. Which is wrong. I know. There are a TON of wonderful movies out there that I should throw my $10 at to support so that Hollywood makes more of those and less of the Tad Hamilton ones but I can't help it. I'm a sad, sad girl.

One who loves Ice Castles beyond reason (yeah, I had a crush on Marvin Hamlich as well as Robby Benson at that time and I really think that was the start of me having such odd, odd taste in sexy) and adores Silk Stalkings and thinks that Invasion of the Rock Aliens is a gem (which I purchased for a dollar along with Tuff Turf) and has Grease 2 on VHS AND DVD now (Cool Rider was my little 8 year old anthem - which probably explains my ridiculous motorcyle fetish that can't really be discussed here) and has seen most of Troy Donahue's movies (that one is SO Mom's fault) and made her friends watch First Wives Club last Sunday for a bit (though really only one arm had to be twisted on that one) and I just have to stop now. I'm upsetting myself.

I mock the tacky & the trashy of the world endlessly and yet I embrace it. Especially in TV, Movies, Magazines and anything that sparkles. Ugh.

No comments: