Monday, March 08, 2004

Aerosmith Still Holding Strong

So, Saturday Pimp Daddy came to Brooklyn (because he's that cool) and we joined up with Muffy & Steph to do the brunch thing. Because that's just what you do to be social on a weekend before 4PM. I don't know why, but it just is. So we did the brunch thing and then we worked on filling in some holes in Muffy's childhood. The woman has never seen Caddyshack. We watched the Oscar's last weekend and loved the Tiger Woods ad so much and she was just all, 'huh? That was kinda funny.' Steph and I were appalled. So, Saturday afternoon was all about the Caddyshack and the Animal House (which she had at least seen part of at some point in time). We all need to email her parents for allowing her to reach junior high graduation without these films. So get on that. She also was denied the Dukes of Hazzard, y'all. She never got to dream of dressing like Daisy while making out with Bo. I just, I can't even imagine a life like that.

Anyway, now that the darling Muffy hates me... back to the Aerosmith point. So midway through the day's activities I realized that I had not listened to Aerosmith that day. And that it could well be the first day since Vegas 2004 that I did not hear my lovely "Love in an Elevator" or "Ragdoll" or anything like it. And it made me sad. But I didn't think the trio was going to let me run home and get a quick fix. And the iPod was at home as well. It was a sad, sad moment. But then there was red wine and Caddyshack and I tried to overcome my sorrow. Oooh, and Root Beer Float Mike & Ikes.

After the movies and dinner and some rearranging of original plans (got canceled on by two different chicas this weekend and I'm starting to wonder if I smell or something), Muffy, Steph and I went to see Starsky & Hutch (Owen Wilson is also now on my ever growing list of boyfriends/girlfriends) and it was fun. And then the credits started and after about two notes I realized I was getting my Aerosmith for the day. Yeah, baby. It's a sign from god. That Matthew and I are to be together 4-eveh! And I must listen to Aerosmith every single day.

It really is. Honest. You just have to believe!

Today has been a crummy Monday. Late to work, cold, wet, snowy weather. And I saw the friend's Psycho EX AGAIN on my way to work. I gotta come to work earlier. Luckily we both head earphones on and it was raining so she didn't stop me. But she did wave and smile. She HATES me and she waved and smiled. Ugh. Of course my first reaction was to smile back. Then I remembered things she's said about me and scowled. But she was long gone by then. Dammit.

No comments: