Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Doctor, Doctor

I think I picked up a tapeworm at Wesleyan or something. Seriously, I'm hungry almost all the time. I'll eat a meal and then be ravenous again 20 minutes later. Really not so good as I am trying to lose weight and all. Dammit. Well, the eating all the time thing isn't so good that is. Maybe the tapeworm isn't so bad. Do tapeworms help you lose weight? They look kinda gross though. The hookworm? Have you seen it? Ew.

Okay, I don't really think I have a tapeworm. But I should probably get a physical. I haven't gone to a Doctor in so long. I come from the "walk it off" kinda people. I once tried to scotch tape together a wound that had fatty tissue coming out of it. A friend's promise to meet me there and his threat to call 911 if I didn't show up was the only thing getting me to the ER that day.

But I'm turning 30. It's probably time to start getting check ups and having official type people yell at me that I'm seriously overweight and telling me that I don't have a tapeworm and letting me know what that rash on my foot is and so on and so forth. So, my goal is to set that up before the end of June. Anyone have a physician they like who takes my insurance? Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. I'm taking recommendations now. I also need a new girly doctor. Any recommendations on that front are also welcome. Oh, and a dentist. Anyone have a dentist they like who'll take my insurance? Fuck if I can remember what dental plan I'm on. Heh.

Man. Going to a doctor. I'm getting old.

No comments: