Monday, May 24, 2004

Dirty, dirty blog

Someone this weekend apparently stumbled onto my blog while searching for "undressed in front of my auntie". This is not a dirty blog. These searches make me feel dirty. I don't believe I've been undressed in front of an auntie since I was about 5. Or so. I don't know. I was actually a pretty naked child until I was about 10 maybe. Or later. Mom knows better. Yeah, anyway...

A friend of mine from early high school in Louisiana (let's call her Princess Pointy Butt) and I wrote a couple songs my sophomore year. One of them stemmed from the fact we would say, "anyway..." all the time. I think she said it once and I said anywhere and she said anysomething else and so on and so forth. And we started doing this all the time. So we wrote "Anyway, Anywhere, Anyhow, Any Position". As well as "Let me Be Your Fuck Toy".* Because we were complete dorks with way too much time on our hands. I wonder if I still have the lyrics somewhere. I really am just a constant embarrassment to myself aren't I? This must be part of the reason I scored so low on the 'shameless' portion of that goofy purity test. I just don't care enough that most folks think I'm a jackass as long as the ones I love realize the awesomeness that lurks below the idiocy.

This weekend was good. I had a great time but am exhausted. Sorta. Not nearly enough sleep. It's just fun to be surrounded by lots of interesting people whom I like, so I feel like I need to stay up late and enjoy them and get up early and enjoy them. Not that my New York friends aren't fabulous, but they just aren't all so concentrated for so long usually. At Wes's reunion there's always someone doing something, even if it's just sitting on the porch. And if some move on or want to do something else there's always another group handy that's just as fun. Kinda like college was but without the classes and things I guess.


*Disclaimer: We were 15 and 16 and had NO CLUE what we were talking about, really. And this is so going to get me more dirty search hits isn't it? Ugh.

No comments: