Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I was a little bummed yesterday, feeling like I don't have a lot of friends in New York because I didn't have that many people to invite to Birthday Week. But everyone's been telling me that I sent my b-day week email to a lot of people. So apparently I'm just being silly again.

I read Pamie.com a lot (she celebrates Birthday Week too - turns out a LOT of people celebrate Birthday Week) and lately she's been writing about being engaged and house shopping and her life and her work and so on and so forth. And I love my life and I don't want to be engaged or live in California (though having a career I liked and writing for TWoP would be awesome), but she seems to be having one of those great life moments where you can kinda just be really happy and content about the way things are and have lots to be excited about and all. So I don't actually want her life, but I theoretically want her life. Does that make any sense? I think it's more that I want my life but I want to have exciting life moment stuff in it. Like a new and exciting job to look forward to or just a lot of really great things happening or something. I don't know. I was also insanely jealous of Turnip's life on Friday as she was getting ready to host a fabulous jacuzzi party with a variety of hot actors attending. How cool is that? Now, I was off to have a really fun weekend with an awesome friend I've known since high school and wouldn't have traded that weekend for hot boys in a jacuzzi, but I was still envying Turnip's life at the moment. You know? Tina Fey's life would be cool now too actually with the Bust cover and Mean Girls and all. Oh hell. I like my life best of all.

Because, really, my life is pretty awesome. I'm celebrating Birthday Week and somehow have enough friends and family who will humor me so that I can get away with it. Hell, some people actually seem excited about it. Well, they're excited about week long fun activities and seeing mutual friends and all more than they're excited about adoring me for a week, but whatever. I'll take it.

I just typed a whole list of things that are great about my life, but it bored me. So I'm sparing y'all. Be grateful. My life is interesting. Lists about my life? Not so interesting.

Speaking of people humoring me... Buzz and I are going to see the Olsen Twin movie tomorrow night. Woo. Muffy (or Muffuletta as Steph sometimes calls her), you are off the hook. You owe Buzz a big ole kiss. Those Olsen twins have been popping up in Page Six a lot lately. Very odd. I guess the almost 18 thing and finally having a movie in theaters is raising interest or something. Huh. Weird. They were speculating about the loss of Ashley's virginity today. Poor thing. I'd freak the fuck out if anyone speculated about the loss of mine (which, Daddy, hasn't happened yet - and never will!), let alone something as widely read as Star Magazine or Page Six. Dang. I cannot believe I spent a paragraph on the Olsen Twins again. Dammit!

Have I mentioned yet that my parents are in CHINA, WITHOUT me? So not over that yet. But it sounds like a really awesome time. And I'm happy for them. I think. No, I am. Very happy for them. And very jealous.

No comments: