Monday, October 16, 2006

Turnip Comes to Town: Day Five

On Saturday we dragged our asses out of bed and headed out for a nice long walk. Turnip and I are both trying to get into better shape so I told her she and I would have to walk to and over the Brooklyn Bridge while she was here. Which is what we did on Saturday. And it was lovely. It was GORGEOUS fall day with a clear blue sky, bright sunshine and weather that was perfect for walking around in the sun. We made it to the bridge and over into Manhattan and back without too much fuss. And all the while taking pictures of the bridge and various skylines and each other, like the big dorks we are. One woman stopped us as we were almost to the bridge and asked if we were walking. She seemed nice so we bit back the smartass responses and said yes. She wanted to know if we'd be up for being walking buddies with her as she was looking for someone to exercise with. Turnip lives in LA so she couldn't. I would've liked to, but my walking & Y schedule depends on what else is going on with me and is hardly regular so I said no. Though maybe a walking buddy would've gotten me out more. Who knows. Too late now. Alas.

After that we hit Bagel World and then tried to make another Yoga class but didn't manage it in time. So, Turnip ran some errands and then we went to get our nails done. Which ended up taking far longer than it should have. After that we headed home to get her ready for her wedding and then she headed off for the NYBG.

She came home after I was in bed and then headed to the airport very early Sunday morning. A lovely visit, but exhausting. So I spent the rest of Sunday just being a slug for the most part. Relaxing.

No comments: