Sunday, October 15, 2006

Turnip Comes to Town: Day Four

Friday we got up and headed to Park Slope for breakfast with Turnip's friends from Wednesday night. And that was lovely. Good food and nice people and all. Plus it was a lovely fall day.

After that we headed back to my 'hood for our treatments. Turnip wanted to be all waxed and sexy for her wedding on Saturday so she scheduled that. I figured I'd so something as well. Since I don't have enough hair to make ripping it out worthwhile I went for a massage and scalp treatment. And it was awesome. An hour and a half of massage and scalp massage plus soft & pretty hair. I think I'm going to have to do that more often. Maybe Muffy & I need a mini spa day soon.

After that we got all dolled up and headed to Macy's to buy complicated underwear to go under Turnip's halter dress for the wedding on Saturday. Complicated underwear shopping always seems to be an ugly process. It's not like buying fun undies, the pretty & sexy stuff. This has a purpose (beyond getting one laid) and is usually a pain to get into and out of and just sucks. But we found something fairly quickly and headed to Lush to treat ourselves to fun smelly stuff. And then met JCN downtown to try out s'mac. And s'mac was GOOD. So good. Heavenly. We split four smalls so we could try more things. Manchego, Goat Cheese, Gruyere (I didn't get any of that as it had bacon) and 4-Cheese. Happy, happy.

After that it was off to the West Village for drinks with a few of my friends and a few of hers. We met at Corner Bistro, but it was packed so we wanted to head for a dead bar to just be comfy and drink beer. The one we picked ended up not being so dead in the end, but we got some seats, had some beer and a good time was had. By all, I think.

No comments: