Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Blog 2: Electric Boogaloo

I watched the start of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. How jealous are y'all? I love Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. The second one actually came out on DVD first. Which is why I have it and not Breakin'. But I have Breakin' on my wish list. For those who want to know. Did y'all know Lela Rochon was in both as an extra (she was married to Ozone)? And Donovan Leitch is dancer in the second one. Hee. And Ice-T. Hee. Well, he was a rapper and not a dancer. Ah, such good times. But I guess Breakin' is the reason movies like You Got Served exist. And that sorta makes me sad. Though You Got Served led to an excellent South Park episode (episode 805) that brought back the Goth kids and the Raisin girls so maybe it's all good. I miss wearing that much neon and dancewear as actual clothing and all that ripped, shredded stuff. Good times.

Otherwise last night was kind of sad. It was my Nana's birthday. And this time last year my grandfather was dying in a hospital bed. And I always think this stuff won't hit me so hard, but then it does. And I just spent most of the evening missing my grandparents and wishing I could be with my Mom to help her get through this time of year. So I got all sad and sappy and wrote an angsty journal entry and then kinda went to bed missing them. I know I'm lucky to have a great family and I've said as much a thousand times, but this week I don't care. I just feel sad and pissy that I don't have them around anymore. There are all kinds of things each week that I want to share with them and I can't. And it pisses me off and makes me sad.

I kinda wish that there were a heaven where I could be back with the friends and family I've lost. Is there a religion that promises that? Because if there is, maybe I can find my faith again.

Man, is it wrong to mourn my grandparents and worship Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo in the same entry? I don't know. Grandpa John would've hated Electric Boogaloo. Nana probably would've laughed at me and went back to playing cards or something. But they both would've watched for at least a bit if I'd asked them to. They're pretty awesome. All of 'em. Nana, Papaw, Bz, Grandpa John. Amazing grandparents.

No comments: