Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Super Fun Week (not as cool as or to be confused with Birthday Week)

Most of my big bosses are out of the country this week, all week. So it's been a lovely, lovely non-productive week. I'm almost a little sad that as of today, it's half over. I've gotten all kinds of personal stuff done and went to lunch with Rock Star Fran yesterday. Good times. I haven't gotten through nearly enough TWoP recaps this week though. I'm thinking maybe I'll dedicate this afternoon to recaps. Though I do want to make a run to the card store. Maybe I'll do the card store tomorrow. It'll be a nicer day tomorrow. Ah, I love Super Fun Week.

Lovey and I bailed on work early yesterday (it being super fun week and all) and went to see 13 Going on 30. Loved it. Parts of it were totally cornball, but I loved it. Anyone who was a 13 year old girl in the mid to late 80s will probably find lots to cover their eyes about in the movie. Horrible sweaters with hearts on them, wearing as many colors at once as possible, Pat Benetar, partial pony tails (especially ones on the side of your head). Sadly, there was no reference to Breakin' or Breakin' 2. Though I guess she was 13 in '87 (like me) rather than '84 so it would've been past the Breakin' years. Still. Would've been awesome. Man, junior high sucked so hard. And sadly, now that I'm turning 30 I look nothing like Jennifer Garner. But still, loved the movie. Woo.

*Just got back from reading with little Beyonce and she really liked 13 Going on 30 as well. Just so you know. The 10 year olds AND the 30 year olds dig it. I also started teaching her algebra. She is so awesome.

No comments: