Wednesday, July 28, 2004

ARGH

The latest search leading to my blog is "ended up a spinster".  Seriously.  The world hates me.  I want to go back to being a dirty blog that people found because they wanted to be undressed in front of their auntie or wanted to see topless boys.  This spinster thing is pissing me off.  Grrrrr....
 
So, Dad and I want to be on The Amazing Race.  Because we are awesome and we would kick ass.  And frankly, the way this season is going, they need us.  How can you go on a show called The Amazing Race and not have the ability to read a map?  I don't understand that.  Anyway, they're taking applications, but you have to get a video to them by August 11th.  He's in Guam.  I'm in New York.  It's July 28th.  We gotta figure something out.  I'm going to try to persuade him to fly to New York for a day so that we can do a video.  Seriously, we would be awesome for this show. 
 
He's a little worried though as they just had a military dad/flighty daughter team and they weren't very exciting.  And apparently had no idea how airports work.  But I think we should downplay that aspect in our application and play up pilot dad more and the whole living together for a couple years thing and some of those funny stories.  As well as our DisneyWorld obsession and visits.  And we don't have a lot of drama, but I think we can play up some fun stories from when we lived together.  Like how he kept trying to make sure I'd get to work on time.  It felt as if I was 14 and dawdling on my way to school.  So I finally started yelling, "I'm 25 years old.  I have been getting myself to work, earning my pay and paying my bills for years now.  I think I can continue to do so."  Or something to that effect.  And for years afterwards he would mess with me by just mumbling, "I'm 25 years old..."  Or the fight we had the first time I stayed out all night when we were living together.  How he felt I should call if I was going to do that and stuff.  I think we can get on.
 
If we can just get that tape made...
 
Oh wait.  What if they don't take spinsters?!?!?!

No comments: