Monday, July 26, 2004

Muffalicious

Saw lots of Muffy this weekend.
 
(Yes, Turnip, I know you are waiting on Part II of the LA entry, but I'm so behind on weekend fun entries - LA, Boston, Lesbian Pagan Wedding - that I just can't get further behind.  So I'm going to blab about weekends and regular things and just catch up on the big trip entries as best I can.  Of course, you could write the rest of the LA blogs.  Don't y'all want to see what Turnip has to say?)
 
I dragged her out to an IT work party Friday night.  One of our floor support guys got a bit of a promotion (no additional money yet) and Friday was his last day.  So drinks at Lincoln Park Grill.  At first she tried to beg out of it because she didn't want to drink with Economists.  I totally can't blame her, but these weren't Economist geeks, these were IT geeks.  Totally different breed.  But there are some similarities.  We actually had fun.  Well, I did.  And she seemed to be having fun.  She, Sheena and I were the only girls and only non-IT folks.  Lots of testosterone going on and lots of butt grabbing and nipple tweaking for reasons I couldn't quite understand.  None of our butts were grabbed or nipples tweaked though.  And I even was wearing a breasty shirt and didn't get scoped by anyone other than Muffy.  Which doesn't do me a whole lotta good.  
 
Then this one annoying guy got more vocal and more annoying and we decided to bolt.  He was going on about how it's gayer to take it than give it.  So offensive and dumb.  Muffy missed that while on a pre-subway potty break.  And I apparently missed an offensive and dumb blow-job joke while on my own pre-subway potty break.  Lovely eh? 
 
So we trained home, got caught in a monsoon on the walk to my place and then ended up just scrapping the umbrellas and dancing in the rain on the way back to her place.  And it was pretty awesome.  Some strange guy on the street thought it was excellent and told us it was a date we'd always remember.  We weren't sure if he thought we were on a date or if he meant it would just be a day we'd always remember.  Anyway, we got home, dried off a little and changed a little just in time for Steph to come home from studying to have missed it all.  Heh.  He was tired and grumpy and eating dinner.  He went off to study and sleep while we watched 9 to 5 and were in Heaven.  Well, I was in heaven.  Muffy kept wondering if Mr. Hart was going to get his in the end and all.
 
Saturday Muffy and I wandered around Red Hook going off for a lovely little walk.  We explored the area down by the water where they're trying to fancy things up and had a good time.  I also learned that not only does Muffy have a bit of a bridge fetish but she digs tunnels and toll plazas too.  Interesting woman.  It was nice.  But exhausting.  And yet necessary after the vodka and pizza and fries from the night before.  Ugh.
 
Then it was showering and vegging in front of Celebrity Poker Showdown before adventuring out with Muffy and Steph to Crave, a place we haven't yet been to in the 'hood.  Muffy got all pretty for us, which was sweet.  I did not do the same because I'm a lazy bum.  Dinner was good though they kept being out of things we really wanted like the corn soup and fried bananas for me and the eel flan for the duck breast for Steph.  Alas.  We skipped dessert there and headed to Sweet Melissa's for dessert items.  Then off to their place for games.  They tried to teach me this dice game a friend taught them.  It's called Mexico and it's all about the lying.  I didn't love it like they did.  I think whiskey helps with the loving.  So we played inappropriate Hello Kitty Uno instead.  I won.  Because I am awesome.  Good times.
 
Sunday I was a slug.  And I loved it.  But tonight I must pay the price by coming home to an icky apartment.

No comments: