Thursday, June 22, 2006

Go Sherill!

Tonight Lovey took Vader and I to a Liberty game. I'd been wanting to get to a WNBA game for a while now so when Lovey asked if I was into it for tonight I jumped at the chance. Apparently Sherill Baker is an old family friend of the Lovey clan and can get Beverly tickets from time to time. So we went and had a fabulous time. The seats were great, the game was exciting, Sherill didn't play enough for our tastes but had some good moves, the fans were fun and I really, really want to go back. Lovey loves basketball and thinks Sherill rocks so she's totally got into the team and dragged us all to the team store for a little shopping after the game. She got the Musical Genius a #10 t-shirt and I was weak and got myself one as well. So, you know, I can have something to wear for the next game. After that we headed to the green room to wait for Sherill to pop by. Vader and I got to meet her and she's just the nicest person. We also met a friend she played ball with in college who's in town for a bit. Actually, she blew out her knee and can't play ball any more (the friend, Sherill is fine) and is thinking of law school. But before she goes she's looking for legal assistant jobs (willing to relocate anywhere) to take a break between undergrad and grad and to check out life at a firm before applying to school. So, if any of you lawyer types out there are willing to talk to her or give her suggestions or help looking for jobs, let me know and I'll pass your info on to her.

Anyway, I had a great time and think I might become a Liberty fan. Woo. And watching Vader and Lovey geek out like total fan girls was excellent. Vader may betray Lovey's Baker love and pick #20 Christon as her favorite though.

In other news, tomorrow Spiderman 3 will be spending some time shooting in my 'hood. I'm going to be out and about a lot tomorrow and then am heading out of town that night, but I may spend a little bit of time poking around to see what I can see. Though one of the blocked off streets is on my own little block so I might not have to go far to see anything. And while Mom and I were poking around looking into the Spiderman thing we learned that LOTS of new things have been going on in the area so maybe I'll just go for a nice little walk tomorrow to check it all out.

I guess this means I have to finally watch Spiderman 1 & 2 so I can go see #3 and squeal when I see my 'hood. And I totally will. You should've seen me towards the end of American Psycho when my 'hood and even apartment building showed up. Just ask B. I think the squealing and pointing when Greenwich Street appeared upset the woman a few rows in front of us much more than all my earlier laughing did (dude, it's a funny movie).

No comments: