Thursday, June 22, 2006

Let's go Yankees!

So, before heading to Shea I wandered around my neighborhood trying to scope out the new restaurants and the Spiderman 3 shoot. Looks like they might be setting up for a night shot. When I was walking down Court they were putting up some fake Tae Kwon Do sign next to the Cobble Hill Cinema and possibly mocking up the Cobble Hill Cinema sign. I went back after the game and they had changed the Cobble Hill sign to say Styuvesant Cinema. I couldn't tell if the TKD sign was up. But it looks like that little corner is the only place they're prepping to shoot and everything else is just for set up. Which is impressive. They're taking up a hell of a lot of the neighborhood just for one corner. Lights and cables and shit everywhere. And I haven't seen any trailers or anything yet. Just equipment. Though there were signs for catering pointing towards Clinton or Henry or some such. I didn't explore all that much. Too bad I'm not sticking around to watch tonight. Ah well, I'll check it out in the theater.

Today The Senator and I went to my first game in Shea Stadium. I'm not a Mets fan at all but I figured I should see Shea at some point since I love baseball and love New York. It's not the greatest stadium, but I'm glad I went. They have a mascot (which I used to wish the Yankees had but am now glad they don't) and an apple in a hat that slowly rises whenever the Mets hit a homerun. I like the Durham Bull better, but still, fun in a cheesy sorta way. The Senator thinks it's a dump, but I didn't think it was that bad. But I'm not going to be sad when they finally build a new one. Though I suppose the new one will be all orangey too. What's with New York teams and orange?

The game itself was fun. Pedro pitched. While I can't deny his talent, I'm not so fond of him. And for not being fond of him or the teams he's played for, I've seen him pitch quite a bit. The Mets won, upsetting the Senator. But really, the Reds were crap on the field and the Mets do seem to be having a good season. Still, I wasn't so into the game not being invested in either team. Which meant I could just chill and drink beer and hang with a friend on a lovely day while everyone else I knew was at work. And now I can say I've seen Shea Stadium. And never have to go back.

No comments: