Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Feel So Fancy

Just two weeks shy of my 10 year anniversary of moving to New York I'm now the proud owner of an air conditioner. I feel a little extravagant. I was kind of proud of being a bad ass (idiot?) who whethered ten air conditioner free summers in the City. And now I am weak. And I suspect in a matter of days I'll be all, "What was I thinking?!?!?" having not gotten one earlier. Actually it's been lovely today enjoying it in the 90 degree heat in Brooklyn. Though I do keep inching the temp up higher and higher so I feel less extravagant. Heh.

Muffy & Steph decided I needed one as a birthday gift and so Steph and I went out and got one and then he installed it. And it's lovely. And they are darling, darling people. So good to me. And now I can't complain that I'm too hot to job search next week. Alas. I also won't have to go home with cute boys because they have air conditioning (kidding, Daddy, I would NEVER do that).

No comments: