Friday, February 27, 2004

Day Six

I tried listening to the Bangles for a bit this morning. Something peppy and not Aerosmith. Didn't work. Had to go back.

I think the think that's amusing me the most about this is that I'm dragging so many others down with me. One friend typed up and emailed the lyrics to Love in an Elevator to me and a couple friends at work keep quoting back song lyrics to me when I give them lead lines. Heh. I'm so easily amused.

Class was good yesterday but I'm still thoroughly disgusted with how out of shape I am. Master K was giving me grief about testing tomorrow, but I'm just not up to it. I'd like to spend March getting up to speed so I can at least last a whole test without needing a break. At this point I don't think I'll make it up to sparring. We'll see how today goes, but I think I'm holding off testing until next month. I just can't slack anymore.

After class I'm supposed to go dancing. And I'm realizing I have no idea where to go dancing in this city. Last time I went was eons ago and it was at a dyke club (which my man hungry friend isn't going to go for tonight) so I'm just at a loss. Gotta do some research before Turnip shows up. She wants to go dancing. I usually just go sit in a bar and drink myself silly while talking with friends. But dancing rocks too. Though I'm still feeling a little burnt out from the awful experience that was RA in Vegas so I'm not looking forward to tonight as I might otherwise be. I think another reason I don't go dancing in NYC so much these days too is that the best places have the velvet rope. And I am NOT a fan of waiting in line to pay for overpriced drinks and watch pretty vapid people mate. Ugh. When did I become this crotchety old woman? Kill me.

Ah well. I'll just go kick and hit things beforehand and it'll all be good.

No comments: