Monday, March 01, 2004

Spring? Maybe?

So very tired. Muffy and Steph made me drink lots and lots of wine and some cognac last night and forced me to stay up late and watch the Oscars. Mean, mean people. I'm hoping to get to class tonight but it might kill me. Ugh. Bad, bad Muffy & Steph.

Actually the weekend was kinda nice. Friday was cold as always, but when I finally dressed myself and ran some errands Saturday afternoon it was GORGEOUS out. So I went out for a lovely long walk (with Aerosmith, yes) around the 'hood. Went to the promenade and it was lovely. Tons of folks out enjoying the warm weather and the view of Manhattan sparkling in the sun (I love the shiny shiny Chrysler Building, myself). It felt good to be outside again and enjoying it. Not just curled up in my coat pondering the possibility that I might never be warm again. I hate that pondering. Then the rest of the day was spent putzing with the iPod, watching the TiVo and napping. How cool of a day is that? So cool.

Yesterday Muff, Steph and I went to the MALL! They can call it the Time Warner Center or THE SHOPS at Columbus Circle all they want, but it's a freaking mall. Though I don't remember seeing a GAP... It was fun, but not the greatest mall. Not much in the way of cheesy stores (like Claire's Accessories, ba-bee) and not much in the way of shoe stores. Plus, aside from the William-Sonoma store a lot of the shops were kinda small. The Sephora didn't even have anything Muffy and I wanted. But we were able to get Oscar snacks and wine at Whole Foods and I finally got to experience this Jamba Juice that my LA folks babble on so much about. Not bad. Smoothies are good. Better with vodka, but you can't have everything. So, not sure yet how I feel about the new Mall at Columbus Circle. We'll have to do another visit after the CT Mall visit later this month.

I'm listening to my Big Hair Monster Metal CD right now. Loving it, but will have to switch back to Aerosmith soon. "Here I go Again"... Whitesnake - ahhh Tawny Kitaen. What a crush I had on her.

No comments: