Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Ex Attack

What is it about March 2nd? I keep bumping into other people's exes. If any of mine start crawling out of the woodwork I'll lose it. I always liked the way Miranda put it in an early episode of Sex and the City. Something about how odd it is when people are friends with their exes and how she feels, 'you and I didn't work out, you need to not exist now.' Anyway...

Yesterday I ran into a friend's recent ex. She hates me and generally tried to keep him from ever speaking to me. And yet, when she saw me on the street yesterday morning she actually flagged me down and chatted at me for 10 minutes. I couldn't even think to flee because I kept thinking, "YOU HATE ME?!?!?!?" But then I snapped to and said I had to get to work. Muffy and I are going to practice later so that if it happens again I'll be prepared and can say, "You hate me, why are we chatting?" and then walk away. Cranky as I am and as bad an attitude as I have, I spent too much of my childhood with an Air Force Wife or something because the fake nice thing just pops up 9 times out of 10. I wonder if she reads this. Hmmmmmm....

Anyway, then last night I got an email from a friend's fairly recent ex. He's a really sweet guy and all, but he's my friend's ex and we really can't be friends otherwise. So I have to figure a nice way to say that to him. Another friend's ex once long ago thought we could all stay friends. Strange. I hope he doesn't read this...

See, dating is just such a frustrating activity in so many ways. This is reason #742 why I do not do it. The Exes. Tomorrow, we'll discuss reason #275, the care and maintenance of boys.

*Still enjoying the Aerosmith too much but am taking a moment to enjoy the random song feature on the iPod. Loving that. Bon Jovi thinks my love is like a Bad Medicine. Awesome, yes? Love the iPod, pops. Woo.

No comments: