Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Glitter rules

Do you ever read books and sorta start feeling like the main character sometimes a little; walking around with their attitude and all. And then have to remind yourself that the character has two really hot boyfriends and not you? Is that just me? Maybe.

Today I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday. I find that when I'm awakened at about 6AM to the sounds of people busting through concrete it just colors the whole day with a bit of gray. Dumb Con Edison. Or Keyspan. Or whomever from that gas leak a while back. Yesterday morning they decided to come and pull up the quick fix concrete job for the courtyard next door and pour a nice and proper concrete square. At 6 in the morning. Evil, evil people. Made me a little tired and cranky all day long. Today I got to wait for my alarm to wake me up. Good times.

Really nothing interesting going on in my brain today. I'm just gearing up for my little reading buddy. It's her birthday tomorrow so I got her a really pretty card with a dancing costume on the front. We're not allowed to give gifts or treats in this program which is depressing as I wanted to bake cupcakes or something. But alas. I think they're afraid people will bring gifts as bribes and the children are supposed to be glad to see you and spend time reading with you rather than looking forward to just the treats and gifts and things. And also that it's not fair to kids who are paired with less generous reading buddies and all. I can sorta understand it, but I still wish I could get her something. But cards are allowed so I always try to find her awesome ones. This one even has glitter on it. She loves glitter. She's so awesome.

No comments: