Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I am the GOP's Bitch

At the circus on Sunday we ordered our soda in a big container with a large elephant head on top and a straw coming out of his head. The tiger was a bit too creepy and the lion was too small and blah. So we got the elephant. Muffy does this weird thing with the elephant to make it look alternately sinister and evil then friendly and cute. Muffy is odd. Especially after too much cotton candy. Anyway. I kept the container and decided it would make an awesome water bottle for work. Silly me. I've had three folks ask me where I got it. They think I'm making a political statement. Someone asked if it was in preparation for the Republican National Convention here in NYC. They were all so disappointed to learn it was just a cup I got at the circus. Fucking financial geeks.

The whole bitch comment in the title comes from a time when I was at Wesleyan and a friend of mine had an RNC pin for some reason. I mean, he was a Republican and all, I just don't remember why he had a pin from them. Anyway, he put it on me, or someone did, and we joked about how I'd been pinned by the RNC and we were now going steady and so on and so forth. Then somehow it led to me being the GOP's bitch. Which is kinda funny if you know me. Because while I agree with some of the very basic ideals of the Republican Party I disagree almost totally with the way they interpret these ideals and try to govern and all in practice so I would never be the GOP's bitch and the GOP would never want me as their bitch because I'm a bit of a troublemaker and, um... I think you had to be there. It was funny. At the time. And now it's a title.

No comments: