Friday, April 02, 2004

I'm so old. So very, very old.

Turnip and I went to see I Am My Own Wife last night and really liked it. I'm a little leery of one man shows and there is the curse of Turnip and I which is a force to be reckoned with, but it all turned out well. So, woo. Apparently the curse only applies to small scale performances that somehow involve friends of ours. See, Turnip comes to town and we go to a show some friend of hers is in or has organized or directed or whatever. And we go and are all supportive and it's just not good. Not that her friends aren't good because they so often are. It's just other things about the performance are bad. Wednesday night was no exception even though it was my friend this time. So we were a bit nervous about last night. But then the show was good and we had fun and I filled out a survey for Playbill that makes me think I drink too much. Ooops. I blame Daddy for that. Apparently I have consumed a WIDE variety of alcohols over the past 30 days. Bad, bad lush that I am.

And Muffy thinks I'm bad because Turnip and I feel that we should all go to the slumber party at the Phi tonight. She's fighting us on it and we feel we can't really go without her. Somehow she thinks we're too old to go and giggle with college students. I hope to NEVER be that old. Though actually, the email that they sent around announcing the slumber party makes me feel kind of ancient. (Yes, Muffy forwarded me this email, obviously because at some level she WANTS to go to this party.) They mentioned something about watching slumber party movies like "The Truth About Cats and Dogs." This is NOT a slumber party movie from my generation. We watched the Brat Pack or "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" or some crap on Cinemax or "Adventures in Babysitting" or something like that. "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" came out my senior year in college.

Fuck, I'm turning 30 this year. Kill me.

Anyway, the plan is to get Muffy drunk at Grace tonight and then drag her to Alpha Delt for the slumber party. Good times, right?


Dammit, help me out. What's the quotation/italicization policy for titles of movies, songs, plays and books. As you may have noticed I don't know it and just pick one at a whim. Help!

No comments: